Contents

11.21.2011

giving thanks....

Over the years, I have learned that there is so much in life to be thankful for.  See, in the past, Thanksgiving was the holiday we squeezed in between Halloween and Christmas. And frankly, it was nothing more than a day off from school for me.  My mother didn't grow up celebrating thanksgiving, so turkey and dressing were not really her thing. And to my dad, gumbo and jambalaya WINS over the traditional stuff every time.

Nevertheless, having spent numerous Thanksgivings with my hubb's family, it's become more apparent that this isn't just a social event focused around eating (because you know we like to eat) but it's more a time of togetherness. It's the opportunity to reflect on life's blessings and to give thanks.

I may not always express my gratitude, but there are so many things in my life to be grateful for:
good health, good memories, 
my doggies, sunshine,
extended family and in-laws,
wonderful friends, far and near.

The roof over my head and the job that's keeping it there

Skyping with my family in France
because I love seeing their beautiful faces

My parents, for their love and support.
Without them, I don't know how or where my life would be today
 
 
And of course my beloved husband.
He's my best friend and I love him more and more every day



What do you have to be thankful for?

xoxo,
Mrs. V!ck

No comments:

Post a Comment