- resolution: a firm decision to do or not do something;
- goal: a desired result one plans to achieve within a finite time frame, or by a deadline
I [firmly] decided to quit smoking 2 weeks before Christmas, and I've been very successful! Although, I have replaced cigarettes with sweets and I can feel my ass and gut expanding. But, hey, one thing at a time :)
Mr. V!ck was supposed to quit as well- team effort!- let's just say, he's still working on it.
That was my only real resolution for 2012. That and the master bath renov. I should probably get back in shape, but I can imagine how crowded the Y will be for the next month or so. I'm not dealing with it. Stand in line for the Elliptical machine? Not this gal. I'll just wait until
Working out at the gym is not my resolution- remember, by definition, one has to firmly decide to do [or not do] something. I haven't done that. I hate the gym. I'm just thinking about it. My goal is to get in shape by summer, but that doesn't mean in the gym. I can do squats in my living room holding Stella if I want. ;-)
she weighs about 50 lbs. That should be a great workout!
Ha ha! Ok!
My realistic resolutions for 2012:
- master bath renovation- already underway [see here]
- somehow COMBINE the back room into a functioning home office/ guest room/ music room...
- repaint [current] guest room
- $AVE $AVE $AVE
I also have a few goals for 2012:
- organize the storage shed??
- get in shape??
I think that'll do for a while. I shouldn't overdo my lists-it will only end in disappointment, if so... lol.
Do you have any goals or resolutions for the new year? Or not? What are they? I'd love to hear from you!
xoxo, Mrs. V!ck