Contents

8.30.2012

K's nursery : the furniture

When it came to fixing up a nursery for our little man, I was stuck- stuck on ruffles and chandeliers and anything coral...Obvi- because I'm a girl and that's what I would want in my room.

Designing with a little boy in mind was a bit more challenging. Luckily, thanks to Pinterest, I was able to find ample inspiration for creating a masculine room for a baby boy that was A) not all baby blue and pale yellow, B) not race cars and camo, C) not too 'baby', so that the room will still work as he gets older.

Everything in K's room has been upcycled from found pieces or my own baby furniture :)  Not only did this save me money but I was able to customize everything to fit my design scheme for his nursery.

Thanks to pepere, who is credited with refinishing and painting all these pieces while I was preggo, all the furniture turned out even better than I had envisioned!

Although I'm not entirely finished with the nursery, here's a peek at the furniture. 

{the Chifferobe}
This chifferobe was given to me by a friend who had it in her garage for years with hopes of (eventually) fixing it up. It was in pretty bad condition- old varnish needed to be sanded off, side panels needed to be replaced from water damage, a mirror needed to be added to the top left door, and feet needed to be put on to raise it off of the floor. Oh yeah, and it needed paint and new hardware.

{the Crib}
 This was my baby crib!...29 years ago ;) 
Yeah, I know. The FDA or USDA, or whomever makes the rules, says using second hand baby equipment or anything older than 5 years can be a hazard. Well if you can't fit a soda can through the spindles then it's all good, right? 
*disclaimer: I'm a risk taker and don't always follow the rules. Please don't do as I do.

{the Changing Table}
This little number was found on the side of the street {thanks Aunt Mimi}. It was lime green and missing a leg. But, being that pepere is a whiz on the wood lathe, he whipped out another identical leg to replace the missing one. The top was framed in to fit a changing pad. And a small milk crate was cut in half and fixed to either side for extra storage. Paint and hardware finished it up.

We still have a little work to do in order to complete K's room. But I don't think he minds.... he'll sleep just about anywhere :)








I'll be sure to follow up when K's nursery is complete. Stay tuned....


xoxo,
Mama V!ck

No comments:

Post a Comment