Contents

8.15.2012

Surprise! Surprise!

Well, after a long hiatus, I'm happy to be back! Sorry for not keeping up my posts, it's been k-razy these last few months! 

Let me catch you up: My 2nd trimester was great! Momma was feeling fantastic. Then the 3rd trimester came around I was {finally} beginning to feel pregnant. Ha! Lucky me, it only took 7 months ;) 

Seriously though, momma was feeling fat. Momma was feeling un-sexy. Nothing in my closet fit, not even with a belly band. I couldn't even get up from the couch without the help of a wench. I was having trouble sleeping and would wake every morning with the worst soreness in my heels, my guess is from the waddling. I couldn't see passed my belly button and any movement made required a grunt.

Our June pre-natal visit revealed that the placenta previa (which had been detected some time in my 2nd trimester) was working itself out and my OB was pretty confident that I would deliver vaginally, as planned.  The pregnancy was going great! Everything was right on target- my weight, his weight and size, my fluid and placenta, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

I was scheduled to see my OB on July 11th, when I noticed some heavy spotting. This lead to a 24-hour stay in the hospital for observation, followed by strict bed rest (doctor's orders). But then it happened again, in the wee hours of Saturday, July 14th. Back to the hospital we went, then...

One {unwanted} epidural and cesarean later, look who decided to grace us with his presence...only 5 1/2 weeks early!!


KOEN JOSEPH 
 Born July 14, 2012 
5 lbs and 3 oz
18 inches long
5:51 am



Though he was a little swollen and bruised, we thought he was the most adorable thing ever!

He is my heart!

Now I get it....

xoxo,
Momma V!ck

1 comment:

  1. i knew you were early but never knew how early...he is great and you look wonderful!! Congratulations - its the best thing ever, even on what seems to be a bad day.

    ReplyDelete